This year our team was more relaxed. (The first three years we did the year-around fundraisers, decorated all out, raised tons of money, etc.) The past couple of years I needed to take a break. It is a lot of work sending out newsletters/emails to everyone and planning fundraisers. Next year I'm hoping to be more in the spirit of going all out again :)
Relay 2011 -
The Relay this year brought new stories to hear, new reasons to fight, more birthdays, and remembrance for new losses. We decorated in our usual theme "birthday". It was awesome to see the family and friends who came down to the Relay. I appreciate everyone who came down to support me and others who have fought cancer. This year it was fun being able to watch Bri'elle and the other kids partake in some of the activities and have fun. I can't wait to teach her more about it, to tell and show her what I went through. When the luminaria bags were lit Bri'elle was amazed with the candle inside and the bag decorated. It will be nice to explain to her each bag represents a person who has had cancer. When I look at my bag I just smile as I remember what I went through but by the God given gifts of the many doctors and nurses that I was seen by I pulled through BOTH times. God works in many ways.
God has given me the gift of life to live to the fullest. The gift of great and wonderful family who show their love and great friends who give support. The relay this year was truly amazing and a gift in itself.
I would like to thank everyone who participated; it meant so much to me for you to be there. : )
The pictures below were taken by my friend Olga
(if and when I find my memory card I will for sure post the pictures I have)
No comments:
Post a Comment