Friday, August 5, 2011

August How I Love Thee

August is here!!!!!


August is a special month for me. I love it so much because it's my birthday! Jay teases me because he swears I act like my birthday is the whole month. But for me, birthdays should be celebrated at their very best. Every birthday is a new year of life that isn't promised to you and you never know what could happen so I say why not welcome your new year with a boom! Even if you don't do something extravagant I think everyone deserves to at least feel special. Which is why I always try to go out of my way to make sure someone feels special on their special day.

August brings in a lot of celebrations

We will be celebrating BOTH of my sisters birthdays in August. Yes, all of us girls are born in this wonderful month. Along with ALOT of other birthdays.

The Cancer Relay (Relay for Life) is this month which is another celebration for more birthdays. Even though I haven't been totalling involved this year, I'm looking forward to walking the track in honor and in memory of every cancer patient, visiting with every one, and seeing my family & friends come to support me. It's so awesome to be a part of such a huge network even though I had to endure the worst to get to this point.

Also this month I celebrate 6 years from my last diagnosis. A couple weeks before my birthday I went in because of a strange tumorlike looking thing I woke up with one day and about a week after I received a phone call telling me my worst nightmare had came back after 12 years. I had surgery very soon after that and was in recovery from July to October. This was the year we got involved with the Relay For Life. My team came in first place raising almost $10,000 in one week.

See celebrations are everywhere! I have a lot of plans in the next week or so in preparation for the Relay. We are going to sell corn dogs and chili as our lunch fundraiser along with cupcakes. What birthday party misses cupcakes? I want to buy a whole bunch of candles and pass them out with a tag that says my team name on one side and then on the other it will say "celebrating more birthdays". Along with all that I want to make personalized shirts for my team or any participants. Last year we decorated a whole bunch with shirt paints and glitter. If you would like one please let me know! You can either purchase your own white tee and give it to me to decorate or let me know your size and I will purchase it and decorate it.

This month should be a fun month regardless. I've had different feelings with my birthday this year but I do it every year. I'm a very emotional person especially when it comes to my birthday. I'm not sure what the plans are yet. I know a few of us are going to a piano bar/restaurant for dinner to celebrate the friends that have August birthdays all at once (it gets expensive trying to celebrate our birthdays separately). I have yet to find out what Jay has up his sleeve but I'm sure it will be good. And then the family party & whatever/whoever else I celebrate with. I do want to try to get the girls together and do a tea party type of thing, just go to have some tea and crumpets and conversate for a couple hours. :) We'll see I have lots of time until then.

Hope you all enjoy your AUGUST!!!!!!

<3

"This is the day the LORD has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it." Psalm 118:24

"I always thank God for you because of his grace given you in Christ Jesus." 1 Corinthians 1:4

My BirthVerse:

Romans 8:16 NIV


"The Spirit himself testifies with our spirit that we are God's children."






1 comment:

  1. So many exciting things!!! Can't wait for the relay! Ill take a t-shirt! Just let me know how much and ill bring the money that day. I wear a small unless am a medium now lol, but I think small should be fine. Girl, have you ever thought of going public with your blog? You would get so much more followers, and you most definitely would inspire people with your testimony. Anyhow, love you girl, miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete