Friday, March 12, 2010

Fast Forward

Wow! Time has flew by. Since joining this blogging site a lot of things have happened.


About two months after we were married we found out that we're expecting. Seven months later, Bri'elle Aolani Alfonso welcomed the world. A whole 6 pounds/10 ounces and 20 inches of a beautiful baby girl. I would have to say that it was the best 12 hours I have spent sitting in a hospital bed, and believe me I've spent many hours there.




When she arrived it was as if our world ended but yet just began. I remember as soon as I heard her cry Jay and I met eyes and tears of Joy streamed down my face. She was so precious. After her first little cry she quietly stared around the room taking in all the sounds and faces. I just held her there in my arms. My eyes locked on her. What a joy it is to be a mother.


Unfortunately there were some things that didn't exactly get accomplished in 2009 like we thought they would. Jay was unexpectedly laid off in October of 2009. Just 2 months before our baby girl was to arrive. A great shocker it was to us, we had to cope. Since he was laid off we were left struggling to buy things left for the baby and just to make it by. We still are having a hard time trying to juggle it all. We are hoping that this is a blessing in disguise.


Now that Jay is laid off and the baby is here, he is Mr. Mom. I'm back at work and who better to watch our little girl than her dad! It is awesome. And we don't have to pay for childcare which is pretty pricey these days.


A house is definitely out of our league now. I must have cried for weeks on weeks just thinking about how close we were to starting the house buying process. I still catch myself tear up whenever we pass by a house with a for sale sign thinking to myself that could've been the one, can be the one, just isn't the one. On the upside of things living with my parents has been a lot of help. It's nice to be able to come home and if I need to run somewhere for the most part there is always someone home. Also another thing that I love is that she is going to literally be attached to every single person in the house. I know living else where she wouldn't see them as much as she does now.


So many things have certainly happened this past year. Welcoming the new year definitely wasn't easy and won't be easy as the year is progressing. However, my goal is to look on the brighter side of things. Jason and I celebrated our first marriage anniversary. It was so nice. He really did a good job in keeping a smile on my face since we couldn't celebrate it the way we wanted. One thing we were able to do together is start school back up. Jay is taking two classes and I'm taking three. My mom takes one class with us. Its been pretty nice to get back into school. I'm hoping to graduate pretty soon. I would love to start benefitting from my education in the workforce.


All that we can do now is pray that 2010 is going to bring us laughter, love, and memories. The best things in life are our bare necessities.



No comments:

Post a Comment