Monday, March 22, 2010

Keep Praying

This past week I found out that my cousin's daughter Shelly (she is actually my thrid cousin) was rushed to Stanford for liver failure. She went in for a routine biopsy to try and diagnose what is wrong with her when her liver started failing. Kaiser immediately sent her by ambulance to Stanford. She is now sedated as they hope to find a donor. Last Friday my nana called to ask what everyones blood type is, they are now searching for a piece of a family member or close relations because her situation has worsened.

My blood type is the same as hers. The only problem is my medical history. With having cancer twice doesn't qualify me to possibly save my little cousins life. For a moment I felt completely helpless however the best thing I can do for her is pray.

I feel so terrible for my cousin and what he is going through. His 13 year old daughter is on remission from brain cancer. She was diagnosed with it 2 years ago. Now is 5 year old little girl is laying there practically out of it waiting for a liver. I know my parents can relate a lot to this. I was 5 when I was first diagnosed with cancer. I hope and pray what got my parents through my situation is what helps him.

On the upside, Shelly has 3 possible donors. One being her Uncle Jose, the other her moms best friend, and the third is my mom. Shelly is very lucky to have those people surround her able to give her what she needs. Hopefully one of them will meet the qualifications is takes for someone to donate that organ.

My God bless Shelly by watching over her and keeping her safe in his arms. Please God minimize her pain and suffereing. Only you would know exactly what she is going through. God please watch over her family as all they can do right now is watch her go through this terrible illness. Lord please put your hands on the three possible donators. Bless one of them with the gift of life. Lord you are an Almighty God and my trust is in you.

No comments:

Post a Comment