Tuesday, April 7, 2009

On the Hunt

After a lot of discussion we have decided to buy instead of rent a house. This I feel is going to be a really smart move. We have been looking on tons of websites for foreclosers. The market is so cheap right now its hard to resist.
Now that we have made the big decision, we are hoping to get pre-qualified within the next few weeks if all goes well. We are hoping to buy either in Antioch or Brentwood (we've also been looking in pittsburg, oakley, american canyon, benicia, & hercules), although our hearts are really set on Antioch and Brentwood. The houses out there are so big for such a good price. Some of them need updates but its worth it. Buying a half updated & newer model that needs some work also gives you the chance to put your own touches to it which were actually excited to do. Probably from watching so much HGTV.
The disadvantages of owning a lil ways away is that we will have to commute, not only to work but any functions family & friends will be having. We are going to have to start preparing for that a lil bit earlier. Also another disadvantage is that I go to Kaiser in Vallejo for ALL my medical situations and have been for my entire life. I really don't want to switch and go anywhere else. I know thats being a lil stubborn but when the doctors know you by name and know you medically its annoying having to explain everything to another doctor. I do understand that they have degrees but some talk to you like your stupid or even worse they get intimidated because of my medical history. Theres alot to think about or maybe I won't have to change facilities. Lastly, working so far from home especially with starting a family sometime.
After thinking about all the disadvantages one advantage that over rules everything is that we will actually own a home. I can't wait to go see the first house on our list in 2 weeks. Keep your fingers crossed. I will keep you posted.

1 comment:

  1. awww I'm so happy for you guys. If all goes well we will live out that way also sometime this summer :) That would be so great cuz at least we would all be near each other:) Did you find a foreclosure website specifically?

    ReplyDelete