Now that the holidays have passed its now time to settle down and come back to reality. It seems like when the holidays come around we tend to get lost in a dreamland. I especially have this problem. In a time like this where things just aren't going right for us, I get caught up in a dreamland type of sense and try to forget about what is going on. Now that all of it's over, lets talk about the new year and what were going to do to change some things....
A new year, a new life, a new chance to start over. Jason and I looked back on the past year and there were a few things we wanted to make better.
1. NO more CUSSING - both of us agree that a potty mouth just doesn't do someone any justice. Its a really bad habit to pick up and one that's tough to wash away. Its not that easy to use a bar of soap with. lol. Its been a struggle but we have limited some of the bad words. We REALLY do NOT want Bri'elle to pick up any of the words.
2. NO more SODA - for one its just not that good for you and you could find so many other things that taste just as good. We have been getting sparkling water, one of my faves pellegrino, and mixing half 'n half with juice. Organic juice at best. It still gives your mouth the carbonation it craves but not all the sugar and caffeine that comes with soda.
3. MORE handmade stuff - if there's something that can be handmade well than I'll try and make it. This also goes along the lines of more HOME-cooking, HAND-made cooking. :)
4. NO pessimism - Throughout our tough journey one of us is always bond to think negative. I'm really a culprit for this. In many things I'm just an optimistic person but when it comes to this, sometimes I just can't do it. I just have to walk away as steam rises from my head. So its definitely a time for more positive outlooks.
This one is a new one!!! We haven't even discussed it yet, but I think its a good one.
5. Praying before we eat - I grew up in church and this was a big one. We followed it for the most part but as all of us kids got older it kind of went out the door and done on special occasions. We were at dinner the other night with a friend and her family. When the food arrived they stopped what they were doing and prayed for their food. It hit home and I believe there was a knock at my heart. So lets see how this will go.
There are a few general things that we'd like to do this year: Pay off the remaining of our bills, move out, and sell Jay's car. Let's see how far we can get. Yikes! If all goes well as planned once those are done we will be adding to our little family ;) Yippee!!!
Another things we have done this year is realize that some things just aren't worth being mad about..getting into to arguments over...the whole shabang. We are focusing a lot on our family and close friends this year. There's a time in your life were you look around and really see the people who love you back and need to wish the best to those who don't.
And that's how were starting our new year. A lot yes!! And I'm sure we will be adding to it!
Go for the GOLD
<3
Mrsbefons
Those are wonderful goals for the year! You two are so amazing and cute together! I love the handmade goal - agree with you on that. Things just taste better and mean more that way. I want to hand make gifts this year too when I can. I'm with you on the Soda. I did that a while ago - I never(except if we are having a party or group of people over) buy soda for the house. It is just so much better to not have it at easy grasp all the time. I know you can do it!!! Love ya!
ReplyDelete