Saturday, April 21, 2012

Pretty & Pregnant: Remaining February Journal Entries

Jalilah has arrived!!!! 


I've been meaning to catch up the blog so I can write about it. So following are the remaining portions of the journal entries in separate postings by month. AND THEN I will post her arrival post. 


Journal Date: 02/10/12
Notes: Wow, little girl you are a mover! Tonight your dad and I watched you wiggle your way around trying to either get comfy or just playing around. We could literally see your limbs poking out. Then your bottom sticks out. You are a little wiggle worm. I enjoyed watching my stomach look like a wave from the ocean. I'm so excited to see you this week, less than a week. :)

Journal Date: 02/14/12
Notes: Happy Valentines Day sweet Jalilah! We love you so much I can only imagine how much more our love for you is going to grow when you arrive. Two months and counting.... 

Journal Date: 02/16/12
Weight: 136.8 lb
Notes: Another apppointment today! From here on out I'll be having an appointment once a week along with non stress tests. I can't believe how fast its going by.
Everything was good. I've been having some extreme pain in my right side. It feels like a Charlie horse or like when you run and you don't have anymore breath the sharp pain that goes up your side to your chest. Yup that's the type of pain I've been feeling. Luckily I had a doctor appointment otherwise I wouldve sent the doctor a message. This morning the pain got worse and then I had two contractions. I just held it out because I know at this point in pregnancy it could be anything. At the appointment I was explaining this to the doctor so when he did the ultrasound that area was the first thing he checked. Guess what!!!!
Your feet are positioned right there. Both of them! From what it looks like you are pushing outwards like stretching. It probably the only area that has the most room. You even had a hand by your side. It was a relief to see that's all it was but then again you haven't moved and there's nothing I can do for it to go away if you decide you like this position. I hope you enjoy the little space you found. :)
We got two more 3D images of you today. They're not the greatest but to me it is since they are of you. Again at this appointment you had your hands in front of your face. Actually one arm was by your side and you had moved it to your face as we were doing this part of the ultrasound. One arm was parallel to your face and the other went across the top of your forehead. With your arms blocking your face the sound waves couldn't pick up a good picture so they are kind of blurry and not as detailed.
Looking at one of the pictures your mouth is open. It looks as if you have teeth but I know its just the stuff inside my womb. In the other picture its of your forehead, eyes, and nose.

Journal Date: 02/24/12
Weight: 137.6 lb
Notes: we had our first NST (non-stress test) today and did great. I was a little nervous because with Bri'elle I was sent to L&D numerous times because the monitor would read I was having contractions but they were just Braxton-hicks. It was soothing to hear your heartbeat for 20 straight minutes. You started moving a lot when the monitor would get loud. I think you like the sound of your own heartbeat. I only had 3 contraction type of movements while there.
After the NST, I went and seen my doctor. The appointment went good also. He told us how I have plenty of water and informed me I would ager my blood thinners twice a day instead of the one a day regime I'm on now. This will allow for me to have a safer delivery so I won't hemorrhage. Also if I opt for an epidural ill be able to have one within a certain period of time from giving myself the injection. Otherwise, on the blood thinners I'm on now I would have to wait 24 hours. So I'm excited to switch to twice a day even though that's more pricking for me.
This time your hands weren't in front of your face, well at least for a little bit. We were able to get a shot of your face. It's not too clear but its good enough for me. I still say you look a lot like your daddy. We will just have to wait and see.
We have another NST next week and in two weeks we go in for a double appt. NST and Dr appt.
Baby weight: 4lbs
Mommys weight gain from last appt: 1lb
Total weight gain: about 37lbs


No comments:

Post a Comment