Saturday, April 21, 2012

Pretty & Pregnant: March Journal Entries

Journal Date: 03/02/12
Weight: 137.9 lb
Notes: Our NST went fantastic!! One major contraction not too much to worry about. It was funny because today you were kicking the monitor so that it would pop off. The nurse had to come hold it on there for a little bit. It was so funny. What was even more funnier is when the nurse was asking me about your big sister. We were having a little conversation about your big sister and stuff. All of a sudden you start moving like crazy; hands, feet, butt, everything! She told you to calm down because tomorrow is the baby shower and all about YOU! It was the funniest timing.
The water looks good. She said I have plenty of it and really nice pockets. You are head down and I'm pretty sure you'll stay like that. I think by now your comfy in that right position. She pointed out you have nice chunky thighs - I just love it! Better to have some chunks, I say.
Until next week for our double appointment: NST and Dr. check up.

Journal Date: 03/03/12
Notes: It's party time celebrating the arrival of Jalilah Iolana.
Today is our babyshower themed Mocktail Party. It was so much fun!!! Mommy got to dress up in my NOT SO MATERNITY dress, yes I went to one of my fave stores and bought a dress (Bebe). I did the same thing with Bri'elle. It was nice walking into the mall to shop. it has been way to long. I put on my platform black Jessica Pumps and a cute pearl-flower inspired necklace from Charlotte Russe. My nails were painted the night before by Sherin in lovely girl themed designs. Hair was braided back and a touch of makeup completed my onsomble.
The treats were Cheese and chocolate fondue (my faces) along with meatballs and some other goodies.
The games were kept to a minimum because I wanted it to be more mellow and relaxed so we did a raffle style game setup. I also liked it because it allowed everyone at the party a chance to win. You received a raffle for coming; wearing pink, lace, floral, and pearls - a raffle ticket for each; a raffle for diapers/wipes; a raffle for a baby book; the only game we played was "guess how big mommy's tummy is". The winner received a stream of raffle tickets. There were four different prizes to choose from. Raffle holders got to put their raffle in the bottle that represented each gift. They could put as many as they wanted in each bottle and could even put them in all of them if they chose to.
The decorations were baby items that I already had like bottles and pacifiers. Also a streamer canopy that I got a DIY from ((blog)). Along with a few extra girl themed decor.
It was a lot of fun gathering with family and friends celebrating the special arrival of Jalilah. It turned out better than I had imagined besides our down fall of time (I was fashionably late). But nonetheless I will replay this day over and over until Jalilah arrives. I thank everyone for coming and celebrating our second little princess.

Journal Date: 03/09/12
Weight: 137 lb
Notes: At our appt today we discovered you are fully head down and literally staring at the floor. Your body is positioned almost in like a C but sideways. You were very active today as he did the ultrasound, which is always great. We got good news today! Actually great news, mommy can walk! And walk as much as I want or how much my body will allow. This will help with delivery so I'm on a mission. Not too many contractions have been happening so the doctor didn't check to see if I'm dilated. I don't feel like I could be.
We had our NST next which went great however if registered 4-5 contractions within 20 mins and they were more on the uncomfortable/painful side. Luckily I was able to go home since the Dr appt went so good and if anything I could come back if it seemed like it was labor.
After the appts, daddy and I headed to Costco to start my walking. The contractions kept coming stronger and stronger or more often but it didn't feel like labor. We were there for about an hour or so. On our way out we grabbed a bite to eat; polish dog with all the fixins and a fruit smoothie. Ahhh, it was so goooood. Our way home the contractions were still happening. About 2 hours in they finally stopped when we for home. I was a little nervous thinking I might be in labor but since my gut told me it wasn't I followed my instincts and I'm glad. I probably would've got stuck at L&D waiting just to be checked for them to send me home.
That got me a step closer. We need those contractions just not labor ones yet.

Journal Date: 03/16/12
Notes: NST stats: Perfect today!
Our fluid was measured and we have 18cm of fluid. According to the nurse this is excellent because they want you to be over 7cm and we are definitely far from that on the good scale. I'm hoping I have lots of water for my contractions. It felt like it gave it a relief when my contractions happened and the water would come out. Keeping my fingers crossed!
The nurse who measure our fluid gave me the pictures of you from that ultrasound. I'm so happy :) your album of ultrasound pictures is almost full!!!

Journal Date: 03/21/12
Weight: 141.9 lb
Notes: Two appts today!!!!
First up was the appt with the doctor. It went great as they have been recently. You are head down still. I've had quite a bit of contractions since the last appt but they are all in conjunction with getting mommy read for the big day. He measured you to be 5lbs 13oz. Which we can assume you will be somewhere in the 7lb range. You had us going for awhile because you were looking more like an 8-9 lb girl. I don't really feel like your big. Compared to Bri'elle I carry you very different. You are extremely low which Bri'elle was not and your head down and Bri'elle was breach right up until the last day. It is very different and I'm glad I have this experience. We will now get seen every week since we are getting down to the last couple of weeks. On a side note: I've been switched to two daily injections of my blood thinners instead of once a day. This will allow for pain medication if I opt for it and easier for c-section if needed.
At the NST you were sleeping which is not like you. Usually you are very very active kicking away at the monitors. The nurse had to push on mommys tummy which was a little uncomfortable to get you to move for an accurate heart beat and motions. You even got an attitude with her from moving you around. Once she stopped moving you she walked away, in the meantime I felt you move your body so the monitor wasn't registering your heartbeat. The nurse walked back in to fix the monitor. As she was taking it off to move it to the other side you moved back where it was. It was so funny. I was trying not to laugh. From then on we had a good NST.
See you next week!
Mommy total weight gain: 38-41 lbs
Baby's weight: approx 5lbs 13oz

Journal Date: 03/30/12
Weight: 144.9 Lb
Other Notes: We are getting closer! Now I'm taking two shots a day of heparin in hopes I'm able to get pain mess and to prevent for hemorrhaging. You look great and doc measure you to be about six pounds and four ounces. You are a healthy little girl. He saw that you haven't completely dropped yet which most second babies don't until middle of labor so it's normal. On to my NST. See you next week! The NST went great. You were moving like crazy and I even had a couple contractions while I was on the monitor. Looking good girl! 




No comments:

Post a Comment