Friday, September 24, 2010

Terribly Teething or...

Last Saturday we had my cousin Jan's babyshower for her 2nd child. At the shower Brillo was acting kind of scared and didn't want to go to anybody except me. I was in charge of games so for her to be with me was just impossible. My mom and sisters took care of her while I did the games. I think it might have been a little too much action for her to handle and with everyone wanting to hold her I think she just wanted to be left alone. At the end of the party when a few people left she started playing and keeping herself occupied. She was her little self again. When we got home she took a nap and we finished the night off. Jay and I almost went out but last minute decided not to since we were so pooped from the day. Good thing we didn't because that night Bri'elle had woken up so many times. She usually is very good about bed and will wake up maybe once through the night and just want comfort, her blanket gets stuck and she can't move it, or her diaper needs to be changed. She always goes back to sleep. After she woke up three times we knew something wasn't right. After the third time I picked her up out of her crib to bring her to bed with us thinking maybe she just really isn't comfortable and when I did I felt like I was picking up a burning piece of coal. Bri'elle was extremely hot, not just warm but hot. We stripped her down to just a onesie and tried to cool her off. After a little bit of time we took her temp and she was 101, which I'm sure she was a little bit warmer before we cooled her down. Next was Tylenol and orajel to help soothe her pain. The next day we skipped church and the Harvest Festival to hang around and try to get her better. She slept most of the day which was a good thing. Over the next few days she was just very unhappy. You could tell something was seriously wrong. She cried and just wanted to pretty much be left alone, not like baby Bri'elle. On Wednesday & Thursday she broke out in a rash. I was trying to wait it out for at least seven days before I called Kaiser but I was really starting to get worried, so were my parents. This had me even more worried because they watched me when I was sick as a child. Now I'm immediate when it comes to illnesses and what medical help before things progress. On Thursday night I called the advice nurse to make sure any symptoms that Brillo was having didn't need medical attention immediately. The nurse told me it didn't sound like anything serious but did schedule Bri'elle an appointment for her Pediatrician the next morning. Friday morning rolled around. Before I left for work Bri'elle was just waking up and seemed like she was actually coming back to herself again. Jay took her to the doctor appointment since I was at work. The doctor said she had a bad case of the cold and that the symptoms could last of to two weeks. Ugh! Luckily by the nightfall Brillo was in full spirit and feeling really good. Saturday came, she was cheery and smiley like before. All in all Bri'elle has recovered.

Still no tooth!

No comments:

Post a Comment