Last week I went to my friends shower who I haven't seen since I was about seven. It was so nice to see her and catch up a little. She lived across the street from me when I lived in Rodeo. Her family moved a little after Haley was born. I saw her once after she moved and the communication was lost. After so many years we found each other on facebook. What a coincidence! Her sister Candice is also my FB friend and secretly invited me to Richelle's baby shower. I'm so glad she did and I was able to go. I got to reconnect with the family who pretty much watched me go through my treatment when I was a little girl. It was a total flashback. Her mom was telling me of how scared she was when I would stay the night because the tube I had that went into my chest for my medication. I'm so thankful for her family and for her. They treated me so good more than one could expect.
In seventeen years so much has changed. I don't think we would have ever recognized each other walking on the street. Its so bizarre. On my way there all I could think of is were they going to know that it was me walking through the door and hoping her sister was going to be the one to answer since Richelle didn't know I was coming. All in all it made my weekend. Reconnecting with old friends is such a nice feeling.
We exchanged phone numbers and are hoping to keep in touch for the future. <3
No comments:
Post a Comment